Lee

Default Slightly OT - Strength of glass coffee table

We have one of those coffee tables which is basically a piece of glass
sitting on a steel frame, and I'd like to get an idea of the maximum
weight it can safely support - but I don't know how to work it out.
The glass is only point supported in 4 places, where it sits on 30mm
diameter metal pads which are epoxied to the glass and sit on the frame
(they have a peg which locates them).
The glass is 1200*660*12mm and the supports are at the edge of the
longest sides, 220mm in from the ends.

Any ideas how to work it out, or a reasonable guess as the maximum
weight would be helpful - I might want to put a TV on it...

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.