Joseph Meehan

Bob wrote:
I have an Aprilaire 600 humidifier on my furnace and I would like to
know what is the best around percent setting to set it on. I don't
want to run down stairs every time the outside temperature changes
and reset the device that's mounted on my cold air return to a
different outside temperature. Thanks for your help.

There is no need to. Assuming it was properly installed, it will adjust
the humidity according the the outside temperature for you.

"The Aprilaire Automatic Humidifier Model 600 is the newest addition to the
aprilaire humidifier line. It takes humidifier innovation to the next level
and performs as good as it looks! It offers all of the performance benefits
of Aprilaire's more advanced humidifiers including AutoTrack which
automatically adjusts humidity based on outside temperature. "

Just adjust it as per the instructions that came with it and forget it.
That works for me.

Some of the so-called know-it-alls in the group say it wastes energy,
but I don't care I just want comfort in my home, and eliminate static
electricity, and a dry throat. I'll worry about my gas bill myself,

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math