doozer

Howard wrote:
doozer wrote:

I agree that dysons can be a little messy when emptying but I have
never really had a problem with it.

This is a different Howard.

Dyson here just stopped working, as in nothing at all when you press the
'on' switch.

Is there a fuse inside the bugger? If so where and how do I get to it?

I've not actually got round to taking mine completely to bits yet (as
it's not gone wrong) but I am trying to get hold of an old one to
dismantle.

I know of two dysons that have failed in the way you describe and in
both cases it was a motor burn out, caused in one case at least, by not
cleaning the motor filter. I believe it is quite easy to replace the
motor though and spares should be easy to get hold of.

The main early warning sign of motor strain caused by a blocked filter
is very warm air coming out of the air vents below the collection
cylinder. There is an emergency valve but I am not sure it's enough to
cool the motor and stop damage should the filter become totally blocked.

Graham