Andy Wade

inNeedofHelp wrote:

My new Single Electric Oven (2.35Kw) states it should be connected to
a 13A FCU spur. If it can be connected to a 13A FCU could you just add
a 13A plug to it and plug it into a socket?

Yes you could, but watch the total loading on the ring, or whatever
other circuit is feeding your kitchen. Also bear in mind that the max.
ambient temperature for 13 A plugs & sockets is supposed to be 30 deg. C
so avoid using plugs in in hot spots such as behind a built-in appliance.

Why does the FCU need to be a spurred FCU?

'Spur' 'spur unit' or 'spur box' are alternative names for an FCU. It
doesn't mean that the FCU can't be connected directly into a ring
circuit - clearly it can be.

Finally, if I have a single 13A plug socket, could I just run a short
spur from that and place my 13A FCU spur next to that socket?

Yes.

--
Andy