Fly-by-Night CC

In article qMNSd.19251$Tt.13330@fed1read05,
"T" wrote:

Can you folks recommend a good book for a novice woodturner? I see lots of
them out there but I don't know what's good and what's not. Thanks

The most often cited books to answer this question when it comes up on
rec.crafts.woodturning a

Woodturning, A Foundation Course by Keith Rowley
Turning Wood
Turning Bowls
Turning Boxes, all three by Richard Raffan.

I'm the chapter librarian for one of the AAW chapters here in NW Oregon
and we have upwards of 75 turning books and 55 videos and DVDs. I've
looked through or seen practically all of them. The above would be my
personal recommendation as well for the new turner. If you only have the
budget for one right now, I'd go with Rowley over Raffan for general
coverage of the subject with good flow, explanation, illustration and
editing - but you wouldn't go wrong with Raffan's books either. Some
folks direct new turners to Mike Darlow's books, but the usual
commentary, of which I readily agree, is that he's extremely techincal
and rather dry. If that's your MO, you might find him helpful.

--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long