Bob wrote:

I have an Aprilaire 600 humidifier on my furnace and I would like to know
what is the best around percent setting to set it on. I don't want to run
down stairs every time the outside temperature changes and reset the device
that's mounted on my cold air return to a different outside temperature.
Thanks for your help.
Some of the so-called know-it-alls in the group say it wastes energy, but I
don't care I just want comfort in my home, and eliminate static electricity,
and a dry throat. I'll worry about my gas bill myself,

I set mine so it keeps humidity fairly "high" and I have never seen it
go over 33% upstairs. Remember you set it based on outside air
temperature so I set mine for around 20 degrees, which is quite cold
here in northern NJ. Of course the results depend a great deal on size
and tightness of your home. BTW You have RTFM I hope.

LB