Default Ceramic Tiles Installation Nightmare

I just finished about 30 sq feet of the bathroom tiles installed
directly over sheet lino. Before I grouted it, I walked over the
tiles and everything seems fine. Then I grouted it with sanded grout
and afterwards I could hear slight noise when I stepped on the tiles.

The noise is like that the tiles are now pushing against the grout,
like the edge of the tiles is rubbing against the grout. If the tiles
won't crack, I could care less about the noise but I don't know for
sure if I want to finish up the other 1/2 of the bathroom anymore.

When I tiled, I put the thinset at the back of the tiles instead of on
the floor itself, don't know if that would make a difference or not.

Thanks.