Arthur

Default Table Tennis table top

I think the rules of the game have a standard test for 'bounciness'.
I think it is something like this.
It involves dropping a TT ball from a height of 12" above the table surface
and it should bounce to height of about 10".

You will probably find the exact ruling on almost any table tennins web
page.

The thickness of the top will also have an effect. My guess is that any
material
greater than 20mm thick will provide an acceptable playing surface.
A table with an inch thick surface will
My youth club had a home made table built with 1" thick plywood a long long
long time ago.

Good luck.

Arthur.

"roger" wrote in message
Our stand is fine but the top needs replacing.
Two 5' 0" x 4' 6" sheets of chipboard or MDF?
Which would be best?
Plywood definitely doesn't seem to have the 'bounce'.

Is the matt green paint anything special?
Or do I just get Dulux matt oilpaint mixed to the right colour?

This *is* just a 'fun' table BTW.

TIA
--
roger