Stormin Mormon

I've got several LED lights. My 2AA minimag conversion is by www.opalec.com
and cost me about $28. Worth every penny, in not blowing out bulbs. It is
limited, it isn't as bright, and no where near as focussed. But it gets me
in and out of cellars, and some odd places.

Fire up Ebay, and see what you can find. I got one that takes three AA
batteries, and has six LED, of which four work. Ah, well. Not worth sending
it back. Too long for my pocket, so I crammed it into my Tul Bukt, where it
gets used once in awhile. You can get something for under twenty bucks, with
shipping and all.

Now, if you want a "No battery" model, that doesn't exist. They all have a
battery of some form, even if it's a nicad with a solar charger or crank
charger. Yes, saw solar and or crank units on Ebay, too.

Most LED, you can not adjust the width of the beam. Some of the replacement
bulbs for PR bulbs might be an exception if you put it in a Mag light, like
a 3D cell or 3C cell model.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

(David Combs) wrote in
:

Are there any LED lights that can do a wide beam? Are there any
that you'd actually consider using to light a path at night?

Sure would be nice if there was one that, like the maglites,
you could adjust the beam-width.

David