Andy Hill

"orangetrader" wrote:
I am in the US. My refrigerator is using a 120V outlet but my washing
machine is plugged into a 240V outlet. I just assume may be a dish washer
will need 240V?

You just need 120V. And, while code doesn't require either a dedicated circuit
or a GFCI for the DW, both are a reasonable thing to do. You probably should
check the installation manual for your DW -- some manufacturers require a
dedicated circuit in order for the warranty to apply (especially for those DWs
with a "water heat" option -- those babies suck down the juice).

BTW, are you *sure* your washing machine is on 240V? That's not very common in
the US. Electric dryer, yeah, but washer?