Kevin

orangetrader wrote:

If I add a new dish washer, I assume I will get the hot & old water supply
from the kitchen sink water supply. Do I need something to "split" the
water to the faucet and the dish washer? Also does the dish washer drain
into where the kitchen sink drains? Can I connect it laterally to the
kitchen p-trap or do I need to actually connect to the drain line which is
behind inside the exterior wall? I assume I will need a 240V outlet, right
now my refrigerator connects to it, so I need to install another outlet,
does it need to be GFIC (spelling)?

Thanks in advance,

OOPS. Focused on the discharge. 120Vac should be fine. GCFI depends
on code, but I did just because. Hot water only required. Operating
instructions will likely call for running the hot faucet to clear the
cold from the pipes for more efficient cleaning.