Andy Hill

"Matt" wrote:
Naw. I don't really have a code book.

Got ya.

But, when I was doing residential electric.... anything other than a
dedicated 12 gauge 20 amp circuit would fail inspection everytime; and
that was back in 1981.

Got me, I guess. Went and checked my doorstop, I mean, the NEC, and at least
the 2002 allows the 'fridge to be on one of the kitchen SA circuits (which have
to be 20A, 'tho -- mis-remembered that one). Sure seems unlikely the newer
NECs would require a dedicated circuit...newer 'fridges draw *less* juice than
the older ones, not less.

1981 seriously predated my trying to go by code. I occasionally helped my dad
wire up stuff around the house in that timeframe, but I can guarantee that a
large part of it never met code by any reasonable definition. Wonder if that
"required 20A dedicated circuit" you had to deal with was a local code
requirement?