Mike

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article , Mary
Fisher wrote:
I wish I'd taken a picture of a central heating boiler installation
at a neighbour's house - done on a government grant..

The gas pipe was fixed *outside* the walls.

Not unusual and arguably often safer than the alternatives.

I've never seen it before. The alternative would be to take it under the
floor (a much shorter route) which is the norm round here at least. Fixed

the outside wall is vulnerable and therefore potentially unsafe.

Actually the oil and gas recommendations both say that above ground is the
preferred method, and only if this isn't acceptable is the following, hugely
expensive method to be used.