Ed Sirett

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:20:36 +0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
A thread for pro disasters.

Heres a start:
http://electrical-contractor.net/ubb...ML/000323.html

NT

I wish I'd taken a picture of a central heating boiler installation at a
neighbour's house - done on a government grant..

The gas pipe was fixed *outside* the walls. It came out of the coal shed
(where the meter was), along the lowest course of bricks, up the side of the
back door frame, over the top, down the other side, along the lowest bricks
and into her kitchen.

She thought it was odd. I challenged the installer, he said it was according
to CORGI regs, the fittings were at the regulation distance apart, and went
off.

The company denied that there was anything irregular about the pipe run. It
was only re-routed after the customer went to a solicitor.

It may not have been what the customer wanted/expected. But, provided the
correct materials were used, clipped at the right intervals and sleeved
correctly it would comply with the regs.