andrewpreece

"inNeedofHelp" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
My new Single Electric Oven (2.35Kw) states it should be connected to
a 13A FCU spur. If it can be connected to a 13A FCU could you just add
a 13A plug to it and plug it into a socket?

Why does the FCU need to be a spurred FCU?

Finally, if I have a single 13A plug socket, could I just run a short
spur from that and place my 13A FCU spur next to that socket?

cheers

Possibly they don't want you to take the power for the oven off the main
ring circuit.
Usually ovens are so power hugry they get their own spur ( direct from the
consuer unit ). Yours doesn't sound as though it takes much power, about 10A
of current. In theory that kind of load is easily fed from the ring circuit,
but it sounds like they are quoting regulations designed to cover more
powerful oven/hob combinations.

My info is that below 3kW your oven can be supplied from a ring circuit by
an FCU spur, or by means of a 13A plug and socket as you suggest.
Andy.