Duane Bozarth

Highland Pairos wrote:

I'm wondering if they will smooth out small knicks. My new planer is
leaving strips of uncut wood in line with direction of feed, i.e.
perpendicular to the knives. I am assuming that there is a knick in a
knife. I inspected each one twice but could not see anything. I was hoping
that a few passes with one of those hones might fix it.

If it's a big enough knick to see it in the wood, a fingernail should be
able to feel it easily...if it's so small as to not be observable by eye
easily, probably can help...

Some shift knives slightly left/right to get the knick(s) out of line w/
each other, thus eliminating the ridge at least temporarily...

If use for rabbeting, this doesn't work well, however.