Swingman

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message

I met Roy in Williamsburg while attending a conference last January. He

had
no bandages at that time.
He's really a nice person. He let us examine a collection of antique tools
and handplanes he has acquired. I was flabbergasted, as some one in the
crowd of 250 could have pilfered something. I think he demonstrated a

basic
trust in people that he possesses.
I did get his autograph on an unused Band-Aid. It broke up the group (of
about six woodworkers) when I approached him about the autograph.

I've met him also ... anyone making a value judgment about him being a
"dope" and a "spaz" is seeing his own reflection in the TV screen

Roy Underhill is one of the nicest woodworkers you will ever have the chance
to meet ... any woodworker worthy of the name should hope for the
opportunity.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04