Dan Buckman

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Dan Buckman" wrote in message

Since you have the lock on "bull" I guess I have to chose some other
odor. I'd like to think the smell of wood smoke or hot cutting fluid
was the redolence you precieved but I suppose the truth is I more often
smell of stale cigars.

I figured it was something like that.

People that are excited about cars because they are working on them is
cool, its the phonies with clean fingernails that use the toppic for
social status that smell like a chestnut tree in june.

'Sounds like you're bitter about people who have a hobby you don't like.
Cars are a lot more fun than cigars.

Ciggars arn't even in the fun catagory, they are just a bad habbit.

And there are many more of the latter so I get a skewed opinion of cars.

The volume of your posts suggest to me you are passing up the
opertunity to actually do something with your hands other than type.

I write for a living. When I'm working on a lengthy project, I take frequent
breaks here.

Your not getting any younger you know, prety soon it will be too late.

You ought to give up the cigars and do something constructive with that
time, Dan. Maybe you could take up cars for a hobby. They'll make you a lot
less crabby.

No see, I need to learn how to argue, so I've been watching you. Credit
where it's due you endlessly debate and aside from a few cheep tricks
(or perhaps because of them) your a trooper in the trenches.

Now as it happens I have again gained the attention of the township. I
have 15,000' of building that was at one time a ford dealership. The
townsip in their infinite wisdumb zoned it village central.
I rent most of it out to 5 tennants two are more or less automotive one
is a little recording studio (I think will fit under village center) and
the other two are woodworkers.
I got a permit for the entire place when I bought it (1992) for
automotive repair and sales and auto body. None of the tennants have
bothered to get permits, and township wants them to wich is fine except
that according to the lawyer they can then try to fix that use to those
spaces and require a varriance should you need to rent to something else
down the road ($1000 for an chance they might step out of character and
actuall approve anything) . The other two problems is they come up with
unusual conditions and that by getting a permit you grant them the right
to inspect. Legal advice is; nonconforming multiple use is a big grey
area with no precedents in court. If it goes to court it's anybodys
guess how it would turn out, legal advice is also to forget about your
rights and play the game since court is so expencive and the bottom line
in an invesment is money. Which I guess it what the townships are
counting on and why they keep and try to enforce ordanances even after
they have failed in court. A big game in a dirty little sand box.
As for me I was just back here in my building puttering with my
toys. The month befor I got the love letter from the township I was
dancing arround the shop and laughing at myself because of this cute
articulating dresser I made for the surface grinder. (when I got it done
I decided it was too prety, for actual use I would need to make
something cruder, hence why I was laughing at myself. That and I
couldn't walk by it without turning the knurled brass adjusting screw)
Zoning officer looks at my shop and says "machine shop" ,, My permit
says auto'''' I am not changing the permit, because of what they have
written and previous attemts I am sure they want that permit because it
was issued without conditions.
So I'm dumping half my toys (you can't work on cars with your bare hands
so I gotta be able to keep some) So it at least looks like I could be
working on cars.

I figgure if I could make any head way with you I have a shot at the
township.
They arn't as smart as you but present the same we are always right
total solid wall. No matter how conflicting the ordinances are no matter
how many times they have lost in court no matter how arbitrary, they are
absolutly sure they are in the right.

Crabby is a definite option.
It's how my father does it, he gets in their face untill they back down.
I don't have his tallent. Your mode looks more like wear them down,
never admit anything, not sure if I have that kind of stamina.

Realy I think you aught to go out and check to see if that lathe is
still there. Gremlins in the night are just emmisaries of the townsip
and they love to eat your toys.