Mike Marlow

"Ignoramus15841" wrote in message

You are right that it CAN be on a 20A circuit. It does not mean that
doing that is optimal for someone with a home shop (which is where, I
think, this panel fits best). That would limit the number of
simultaneously running devices. Think about someone running a
compressor, a dust collector, a shaper with a vacuum attached
to some strategic spot. When I think about circuit selection for this
panel, with a shop like that in mind, I think that 40A 220V would be
best. Any more is a waste, but having less would run a risk of not
being able to power up a fancy shop in the most effective manner.

I know where you're coming from but the mistake I think you're making is
that you are thinking of this device as a subpanel and not as a power strip,
which is what it is more like.

--

-Mike-