William W. Plummer wrote:
a guest wrote:
Those refregerators doesn't require much energy - the yellow tags

stated
that they run 400 - 600 KWH per year, which is $30 to $40 a year

(it
costs less than 7 cents/KWH here.)

Finally somebody pointed that out. I just bought a frig and it uses

less than a 60-watt bulb running continuously. I actually checked

this
with a Kill-A-Watt meter.

I presume you mean it uses less *total kwh* than a 60-watt bulb running
continuously. What was the starting current and the running current? I
don't think the breaker is sized according to average current draw,
which includes time when it isn't running.

%mod%