Mike

Default ceiling fan and switch question

I replaced the switch in room with a ceiling fan and it's acting a
little weird now. The orginal switch was a dimmer and it dimmed the
light but the fan worked as it should. I replaced the dimmer and now it
"dims" the fan and the light. So I can adjust the fan speed along with
the lighting but when the light is bright, the fan sounds like its
about to create a hurricane in the bedroom. I am sure this isn't good
for the fan motor. I can adjust the fan speeds with the chain pull also
which helps keep the speed down. The old switch only had two wires
connected and so does the new one so I assume I got the same type of
switch. Does anyone know what I need to do to correct this problem?

Thanks