Doctor Evil

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:37:25 -0000, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
There is very little point in buying a cheap cordless combi drill.
The mechanics and control of the motor are simply not up to any
meaningful hammer action for any length of time.

A far better solution is to buy a good quality cordless drill as I
have suggested (this will do anything up to and including light to
medium masonry work) and then a corded hammer or SDS drill for
heavier masonry work.

Given a period of a couple of years at the most, after which these
unknown specials will have fallen apart and the name long forgotten,
let alone any spares, the overall outlay in buying something decent in
the first place will be less.

But you can get 10 of those for one Makita, so they are more cost

effective.

Brilliant idea, I don't think. using your "logic" (or perhaps that of
Mini-me) you now have ten times the problems as the batteries, motors
and mechanics pack up and you waste time on each.

Your thinking is certainly following that of the character you are
trying to emulate. Do you have any children with Frau
Whatever-her-name-was? The son thought that the Dr Evil character
suffered from faulty logic to be kind about it.

Sonny boy wanted to shoot people.

And in time Lith Iron or Lith Poly batteries would have been introduced.
Better than being lumbered for 10 years with outdated stuff with old

battery
technology.

A man on this group has just bought a conventional flued cast iron

boiler.
This is outdated old technology now. If he has this 15-20 years, in 15
years it will be an museum piece. Could be the same as buying an

expensive
battery drill.

It could have been but isn't. If you look at Makita's battery
offerings, you will note that they offer battery packs of newer
technologies and capacities as they have become available.

I don't see any Lithium batteries on offer.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download