Doctor Evil

"Grunff" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

But you can get 10 of those for one Makita,
so they are more cost effective.
And in time Lith Ion or Lith Poly batteries
would have been introduced.
Better than being lumbered for 10 years with
outdated stuff with old battery technology.

But that's kind of living for the future, isn't it? You always end up
with a crappy tool,

They are not crappy tool. The mid range offering a v good. The Makitas of
this world have logevity that's all.

BTW, my Makita has very nice NiMH packs. Light and high capacity.

Read what I read. Lith Ion and Lith Poly batteries and now Lithium Sulphur,
will be introduced as these hold 3 to 4 times the charge of the current
crop. These batteries mean electric cars are now feasible with ranges of
200-300 miles.

http://www.sionpower.com/pages/sion_...ogysummary.php

Lithium ion & poly batteries are in many mobile phones and were developed
for that market. Once R&D is finalised for larger versions of Lith Poly
batteries and they have the manufacturing capability to produce millions of
them, electric cars will be the norm, and probably sooner rather than later.

PV cells are improving in efficiency, and the price is dropping as take up
increaes, and when these Lithium batteries are available en-mass most roofs
will have PV cells on them, a battery set and an inverter in the attic.

This will filter into power tools too. And if you think you can just go out
and buy a new Lith Poly battery for your old drill. forget it, it doesn't
work that way,.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download