Doctor Evil

"Mark" wrote in message
Doctor Evil typed:

I'm (still) in the market for a new cordless combi drill, and am
SNIP

David

Don't buy either of these. You can get a Makita 14.4v 6228 with
two batteries for the same or little more money

A combi drill I think not. c £243
although I agree that makita are fine tools, if you can justify the
cost.

Try Wickes (Kress) up to £180 depending on what you want.

No Hitachi would be a much better compromise at that price.
http://www.tool-net.co.uk/data/index.php?ToolID=318300
http://www.tool-net.co.uk/data/index.php?ToolID=313784

Kress are cheaper and have a 3 yr guarantee. They are as equally good in
quality. German with Japanese battery packs.

The 14.4 v drill/driver is a lot cheaper than the Hitachi, around £60 and
better guarantee, if I recall rightly. They have two SDS drills which have
just been improved in power. They have been making these for the past 10
years plus and have v good reputation for reliability.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download