Chris Ross

I took EVERY woodshop class offered all through Jr. and High school.
That amounted to 6 straight years.

Some of the stuff I made:

Jr. High school - The obligatory 3 board slanted mahogany bookshelf.
They made us butt it together with countersunk screws. Was only allowed
to use hand tools. Took it home and cut dadoes on the tablesaw to sturdy
it up better(graces the back of my dunny, currently - perfect fit )

An upright guncase of my own design out of knotty pine with a danish oil
finish. Black felted every surface a gun could touch and the inside of
the drawer.

High school - A very nice custom computer desk with a formica laminated
half oval top. Made it out of pine with a danish oil finish. Replaced
the one of the same design I made the summer before out of plywood.

A custom wall cabinet for my bedroom. Built to hold all the electronic
gear (TV, VCR, Video games, Stereo, etc) with raised panel doors to hide
it all.

Spent a year on the lathe turning out all sorts of bowls and canes. My
favorite being a set of candy dishes made out of scraps. Turned a few
billy clubs too, when the teacher wasn't watching ;-)

Spent the last half of my sr year helping out others get their projects
finshed up before we graduated.