Dave Plowman

Default how do I change electric drill chuck?

In article ,
Niel A. Farrow wrote:
I've bought a new 3/8 keyless chuck for my B&D drill and even before I
can find out that the new one is the wrong type and doesn't fit I'm
stuck, since I can't get the old one off the drill (old one doesn't
tighten very well and works loose).

I've removed the screw from the chuck, where one inserts the drill bit,
but the chuck is still very tight etc.

Once upon a time, you had to remove chucks regularly to fit attachments.
And the recommended way was to insert the chuck key and hit it with a
hammer...

--
*If vegetable oil comes from vegetables, where does baby oil come from? *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn