Grant Erwin

Now ask yourself how much you'd sell it for, in other words how much real
actual value it has for YOU? I bet it's way more than $35.

A little while ago I built a rack for storing steel. Mine was a little
different, and I didn't paint mine. I think I got my cost under $10.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/ScrapRack.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...BeingBuilt.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/ScrapRackDone.jpg

My shop is a *much* better place to work with all that scrap neatly piled
onto a rack!

GWE

Don D. wrote:
4 casters $15.00
1 20' 1/2 sq $7.??
Bed frames FREEBEE'S
4' 3/4 sq, left over scrap
24 x 48 expanded metal, left over about $7.??
1 spray can Primer and 2 spray cans paint flat black $6.??
2 days: prep, cutting, welding, painting all mig welded...
Total $35.00

OH my god now I figured out I spent to much money on that...

Thanks alot, I had no idea before this... ........................ Just
kidding

I hope that is what you wanted.

Don D.

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message

Don D. wrote:

Well I finally got around to having a couple days to myself. I spent it
making this rack to get my steel off a bench table.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/steel_rack.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/steel_rack.JPG
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/steel_rack_1.JPG
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/steel_rack_2.JPG

Not much but it gave me a day to play with my Miller 175. Now I have my
135
up for sale as long as I don't need that one

Nice. How much did the entire rack project cost you in materials and
consumables? - GWE