Edwin Pawlowski

"orangetrader" wrote in message
If I add a new dish washer, I assume I will get the hot & old water supply
from the kitchen sink water supply.

Only hot is needed. You don't need either cold or old water. In most
cases it is easierst to p ut a "t" in the feed line to the sink, sometimes
is is esier to come up from the basement if the ceiling is open.

Do I need something to "split" the
water to the faucet and the dish washer?

A T fitting.

Also does the dish washer drain
into where the kitchen sink drains? Can I connect it laterally to the
kitchen p-trap or do I need to actually connect to the drain line which is
behind inside the exterior wall?

You can buy a piece of the drain pipe with an inlet for a dishwasher. If
you have a garbage disposal there will be a connection on the side.

I assume I will need a 240V outlet, right
now my refrigerator connects to it, so I need to install another outlet,

What country are you in? In the US it is 120V, in other countries it may be
240V. It should not share the circuit with a refrigerator.

does it need to be GFIC (spelling)?

Sure can't hurt. I'm not sure what the code is on that.