dadiOH

Kyle Boatright wrote:
My significant other has decided she needs some fairly heavy items
hung on the walls. I'd really like to anchor these into studs if
possible, and hate playing "find a stud" by tapping the wall until
the tone changes then driving a skinny nail to see if my knuckle and
ear were properly calibrated.

Anyone got a recommendation for a good stud finder? Cost is a factor
here - this won't be a tool I use that often.

Someone here a few days ago mentioned using the little "super
magnets"...just going around until they find nails/screws in the sheet
rock sheet rock to stick to. He said he then used a standard cheapo
stud finder to verify.

My cheapo stud finder wouldn't verify much of anything, gonna try just
the magnets next time I have a need.
..
--
dadiOH