Jamie

Rick Brandt wrote:

"Fred Mann" wrote in message

wrote in message
. ..

The flyback is the transformer looking thing with a large wire coming out the
top and attaching to the bell of the picture tube. It's also one of the things
that will ruin your day if you touch the wrong spot.

Also keep in mind that a TV also has places that can ruin your day if you touch
them even with the power off. In addition to some largish capacitors, the tube
will store many tens of thousands of volts of static virtually indefinitely
unless the technician specifically dissipates it.

The old rule was "one hand in a pocket at all times".

ok, i have my other hand in me pocket!, what do i do with me
gutt that is sitting on the edge of the bench ?