Rick Brandt

"Fred Mann" wrote in message

The part with the suction-cup-looking thing? Which spot is the wrong spot?
(tantalizing) If I can do this without dying, I'm game.

Well there could be several, but the suction cup looking thing is definitely one
of them. Just be careful in getting the board set up where you have access to
the solder joints and then avoid touching any circuit that you don't have to.

The flyback is a notorious area for developing bad solder joints. Often you can
even see discoloration where the circuit was arcing so see if you can find any
of those. It is also not unusual for these failures to be internal to the
flyback so many times you can resolder the whole board and it doesn't help.