Fred Mann

wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:20:40 -0800, "Fred Mann"

wrote:

I have a Samsung TV manufactured in 1998. I picked it up from a trash

pile
on bulky-item pickup day!! To my surprise, it worked fine. But

occasionally,
the picture would "compress" or shrink in an oscillating fashion. It

would
"shrink" in the way that the image "shrinks" when you turn off a TV

(right
before the screen goes black). It would oscillate, and sometimes turn

itself
off. (sound was fine) Gradually, this started to happen more often, until

it
began to turn itself off after only a couple of minutes. Now, when I hit

the
power button, the TV does not come on at all, but there is a "click"

sound,
followed immediatley by another "click" sound as the TV shuts itself back
off.
Any ideas?
Thanks!!!
Fred

Observe all proper safety precautions, and resolder the connections to the
flyback to see if that cures it.

BB

I don't know how to identify the flyback. I have soldered and desoldered
things, but I don't know TVs too well. Do you have a link to a
diagram/picture, or can you explain how to locate the flyback?