DanG

I have removed literally miles of failed silicone caulk. The one
possible exception might be Dow 795. Grab one end of the silicone
and peel it off the joint. I am sometimes glad that others have
used the silicone, it sure makes cleaning the joint out easier.
Try removing butyl, thiokol, or urethane.

Successful use of silicone requires primers, proper joint
preparation, and skill on the part of the installer. 3 point
adhesion will destroy any caulk joint, but silicone in particular.

(top posted for your convenience)
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

"DanG" wrote in message
I agree with others that the gutter must be dry to repair
effectively.

IMHO absolutely do not use silicone.

Why? That would have been my first choice..