DanG

I agree with others that the gutter must be dry to repair
effectively.

IMHO absolutely do not use silicone. Butyl rubber makes an
excellent caulk for gutter and sheet metal joints. I would
deliberately remove the pop rivets and open the joint. Smearing
caulk on the top of the seam is temporary at best.

If you want to install something without opening the joint, or if
you have actual holes in the gutter material, I have had good
success with the following:
http://www.steels.com/pdf/vicryl-cp10.pdf

I actually use the cp11 with fiberglass reinforcement cloth.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Walter R." wrote in message
My aluminum gutters are leaking where they are joined at
corners. What kind of caulk works best to fill and waterproof
the joints, preferably while they are wet.

Thanks

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast
www.rationality.net