Ed Clarke

On 2005-02-20, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

The bad new is that no, if it is cast iron it cannot be properly welded and
no sealant is going to provide a proper seal.

I think the good news is that only a section has to be replaced. At least on
their larger boilers you can remove and replace a section as opposed to
replacing the entire boiler.

You may also want to double check the date installed and if a protection
plan was purchased. W-M offers a 10 year deal but it has to be bought
within the first year of ownership.

I tried the patch and yes indeed, it failed. I did have a protection plan from
W-M, but it only covered a new boiler. Still cost me about $1200 for labor.

--
This signature left blank.