Mikepier

Default steam boiler leak repair

I have a Weil Mclean steam boiler about 11 years old. It's been a
workhorse and never gave me a problem up until last night. I noticed
water leaking from the bottom. Upon further inspection I found that the
end section has a small leak at a seam where it bends to an inside 90
degree angle. The leak is not at the joint where the sections meet, it
is on the one section. Seems like when this section was formed at the
foundry they might have not have closed the seem good enough. I can
gain access to the point of the leak. Do they make some kind of repair
epoxy or something else that is high-heat rated to fix this? It is
below the water line.