Lobster

Phil wrote:

Ed Sirret says the following on 2004-10-14

In the Gas Fitting FAQ below you will still that the use of a
flexible hose is deprecated (and almost impossible to install in a
compliant manner for the supply of an inset hob). As of 20th November
the loop hole which permitted the use of flexibles is closed with a
revision to BS 6172.

Sterling customer services tell me the following they have never
heard of this. The hob only started to be sold at the end of last
year The print date on the instructions is 11-10-2004

Further to my earlier post on the above, I just came across an
*unsubstantiated* quote from the trade rag "Gas Installer" stating that
a hob connection has to be rigid *unless otherwise stated by the
appliance manufacturers*!

Ed, or somebody else who has access to back issues of Gas Installer,
could you confirm this? Isn't mentioned in the FAQ... if it's true, it
strikes me as a total joke, because in the OP's scenario it means that a
flexible hose must be used, notwithstanding the fact that the
manufacturer is apparently unaware of the change in regs which states
that a rigid connection must be used...!!

David