Lobster

Phil wrote:
Help I am totally confused and do not know what to do

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Ed Sirret says the following on 2004-10-14

In the Gas Fitting FAQ below you will still that the use of a
flexible hose is deprecated (and almost impossible to install in a
compliant manner for the supply of an inset hob). As of 20th November
the loop hole which permitted the use of flexibles is closed with a
revision to BS 6172.

I have just purchased a gas hob (inset into worktop) from B and Q
Sterling BGH1

the installation instructions state

Natural Gas the appliance is designed for UK installation using a
flexible connection with tubing in accordance with the regulations
inforce length of 900mm is recommended.

The confusion doesn't surprise me in the least. I'm have no doubt that
Ed's FAQ is correct, but if you want reassurance
why not just phone CORGI direct? See
http://www.corgi-gas-safety.com/sect...acts/corgi.asp (although
having said that, last time I phoned CORGI about a regs query, I got a
different answer each time I phoned them!)

Does anyone have the exact text for BS 6172:2004 as I cannot find it

Available in libraries, but you won't find it online without paying 60
quid(?) for a pdf file from the BS website - something which never fails
to irritate me. Why should we be told by the Powers That Be that to do
some task legally we have to comply with BSxxxx, but then we can't find
out what BSxxxx actually says?!

David