Larry Bud

Australopithecus scobis wrote:
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 09:36:43 -0500, Owen Lawrence wrote:

What did you make?
What did your teacher make while you were occupied?

Made a chess board out of walnut and maple (still have it, I'm 36 now).
A Spice rack that my parents still use, and a wall rack that they
still have in their basement!

When I was probably 10-12 yrs old, my dad was a VP for a lumber
company. He used to bring home pine cutoffs and I'd build bird houses,
all with hand tools. I remember sawing my ASS off. Back then I don't
believe I ever heard of wood glue, as everything was held together with
big nails!!

I also remember that my neighbor gave me a few shingles to put on one
of the bird houses... Man, was I thrilled!