Richard Boggs

"Owen Lawrence" wrote in
:

What did you make?

I took shop off & on from 6th grade up... first thing I remember making was
a classic pukeyduck, which for some unfathomable reason still sits in the
bottom drawer of our entertainment center. Then I moved on to a pencil
holder, complete with routed base.

A few years later, I hit the big time . In high school, got to use a
lathe -- never actually made any project with it, just fooled around making
various turnings. Shop was pretty varied at that school -- we were also
taught welding (I passed, but that's the best I can say). The highlight
though was getting to make a cedar sea chest (about 4'x2'x2'), with box-
jointed corners & curved slatted top.

Of course, a few years later I gave it to my then-fiance... and another
year after that we broke up, but I never did get the chest (get your minds
out of the gutter!) back to get to my "true" SWMBO. Oh well...

-Richard, who couldn't bring himself to type "seaman's chest" for some
reason.