Phil

Default Flexible hob and hose confused

Help I am totally confused and do not know what to do

Ed Sirret says the following on 2004-10-14

In the Gas Fitting FAQ below you will still that the use of a flexible
hose is deprecated (and almost impossible to install in a compliant
manner
for the supply of an inset hob).
As of 20th November the loop hole which permitted the use of flexibles
is
closed with a revision to BS 6172.

I have just purchased a gas hob (inset into worktop) from B and Q
Sterling BGH1

the installation instructions state

Natural Gas
the appliance is designed for UK installation using a flexible
connection with tubing in accordance with the regulations inforce
length of 900mm is recommended.

Sterling customer services tell me the following
they have never heard of this.
The hob only started to be sold at the end of last year
The print date on the instructions is 11-10-2004

What do I do?
Which is the correct way of fitting this?
Are there any insurance implecations of fitting not in accordance with
manufacturers design
What would a Ed do?
What would any other corgi Fitter do?
Does anyone have the exact text for BS 6172:2004 as I cannot find it
Who do I alert if Sterling are wrong?
Where are you based Ed?
email to phil AT nimbusweb DOT co DOT uk please
regards Phil