doozer

I agree that dysons can be a little messy when emptying but I have never
really had a problem with it. Perhaps that's because we have wheely bins
round here so you can hold the cylinder right at the bottom of the bin
when emptying.

As for the plastic being dirty you can clean it along with the rest of
the gubbins.

After using our dyson for DIY for about 6 month (sucking up filler dust
and other fine particles) I noticed it didn't suck as well as it did
before (yes I had been cleaning the motor filter). I noticed that the
little perforations in the collection chamber were nearly all blocked
but there is no way, normally, to get to them and clean them.

I intend to put together a page about how to clean the canister but here
are a few quick instructions:

1)Open the base as you would to empty the contents and leave it open
(this is needed to remove the clear plastic cylinder).
2)Remove the three screws on the top
3)Lift off top. It will be very dirty in here.
4)Push release clip on the front and take off clear plastic cylinder
5)Carefully slide vanes down. This can be hard but they do come off.
6)Pull off perforated plastic

Note: The top section doesn't come to bits. It seems to be glued together.

7)Take all the parts outside and spray with hose giving the clear
plastic a bit of a scrub if needed. There are no metal parts to go rusty
and mine has suffered this treatment a few times. If you have the
multiple cyclone types DC07 squirt water down the cyclones from the top.

8)Once clean (it can take a bit) give the top bit a really good shake to
get water out. There are some very twisty pipes in there which seem to
love holding onto water. Place in the airing cupboard for at least 3
days probably more like a week until you can't hear water when you shake it.

9)Put everything back together. Make sure you have the opening rod in
the opening hole _before_ you close the base.

10)Marvel at you clean dyson and the fact it now sucks like new.

Graham

Howard wrote:
I know this isnt a diy question, but us diy'ers use vacuum cleaners after
our work.What do people think of these bagless cleaners? I've had a couple
of Dysons, they suck well but when they are emptied I get dust particles
flying up in the air even after sealing it with a bag ,plus after a few
months they look mucky through the see thru' plastic , I agree bags will
slowly reduce the suction, but by how much? will it be noticable..anyway I
got fed up with my dirty Dyson and now have got a very good bagged cleaner
and when its full I slide it off and into the bin ,no dust particles flying
at all..very very clean!