wb

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:23:52 +0000, Pete C
wrote:

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:47:18 +0000, wb
wrote:

Sorry, I've no circuit diagram but I've posted some photos he

http://fr.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tod...bum?.dir=/c9de

snip

Does it cut out even when no battery is connected?

If so switch off and try disconnecting one of the wires from the
secondary (non mains) side of the transformer that go to the black box
on the heatsink.

Then does it still cut out?

If so it's likely to be a short in the transformer which is probably
not worth replacing, if not it's likely to be the black box (bridge
rectifier) on the heatsink which should be fairly cheap and easy to
replace.

cheers,
Pete.

Thanks Pete,

It does cut out when no battery is connected but doesn't when I
disconnect either wire going to the black box from the transformer.
So, hopefully, a new bridge rectifier will solve my problem. Is this
the sort of thing I can get at Maplins - I've had a look but none has
the same markings as mine: AC BR354 A 38
I'd be grateful for any pointers on this one. Many thanks for your
help thus far.

Regards,
Brian