Earl

Had a Reeves drive for a long time and had about every problem you
could have! My guess is it has to be pretty much one of two things. The
shafts got dirty, rusty or sticky so the moveable pulley sticks. Best
solution is to take it apart and give it a good cleaning. But that
usually happens to the other pulley set. Sometimes a few drops of
penetrating oil on the shaft does the trick. Other problem might be the
set screw on the moveable pulley has come loose and let that pulley
push to far away from the moveable one. If so, re-loosen it and push it
in a little closer. Tighten, test, do it again, etc.
Earl

Joe C. wrote:
I'm having problems with the reeves drive on my Jet 1442.

When I try to use the 3 highest speeds, the pulley on the motor shaft

stops
'compressing' (for lack of a better term) leading to slack in the

belt and a
loss of drive. All the slower speeds work fine....

Has anyone else had this problem, and what did you do to fix it?

Thanks,

Joe C.