Ian Stirling

Andrew Chesters wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:

snip
The old one was a crock of ****e.
This one is ****e spraying out at high pressure.

This one it's impossible to view categories of related stuff sensibly.
Try looking for a suitable Lead-acid battery for something, and you end
up with an unsorted list of several hundred, and no way to do what the old
one did, which IIRC was to let you view the appropriate catalog page,
which was almost OK.

They way I work their site is to look it up in the catalogue (paper)
then type in their ref. number to see if it is in stock.
By the time I've worked out a search criteria that finds what I want, I
can find it in the book AND make a fresh pot of coffee!

Dull, but it works for me.

And you can burn the hourly bargains mailshots to heat the coffee

It's annoying, because some similar catalogs are actually quite good.
For example, I find the RS catalog ( http://rswww.com/ ) for many things
better than paper.