Default Where can I get a Heating Element for a Creda Dishwasher?

My Creda 47916 Dish Washer has been tripping my RCD and after borrowing
a Megger, I have found that its the element.

If I measure between Live and Earth with the element in place, I get
50Kohms.. Once the element is disconnected, I get open-circuit.

Once the element is out, if I measure it between on of its connectors
and the chassis, I get the same 50Kohms reading.. So the element
clearly has broken down.

I was quite happy as CPC do an element which looked the same for =A316..
But when I looked closer, it was completely different. Unfortunatly,
this is the only element that they do.

I have looked around the Internet and only found one company who sells
an element and its almost =A350.

Does anyone know of a good supplier for heating elements? I wonder if
the element I want is the same as one found in a different models and
if so, I could search for it that way.

My only other option is to call Creda (Which I will do tomorrow), but I
fear that they will be really expensive.

Any help with this would be appreciated

Best regards

Jon

Andrew Chesters

Ian Stirling wrote:
Simon Stroud wrote:

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message

My Creda 47916 Dish Washer has been tripping my RCD and after borrowing
a Megger, I have found that its the element.

snip

CPC have a wider range than they have in the catalogue.
Obtain the model number, and ring them.

Thirded.

CPC have far more parts available than what's in the catalogue.

I have just had from them a new washer/drier pump and door interlock (both
in the cataloge),

Pity they've utterly buggered the website.
For example, I was wanting to browse the "bearings" page to see if any
might suit as replacement hoover bearings.
Utterly impossible.

They haven't buggered their website, it has _always_ been a crock of
****e. It was born like that!
Bob Eager

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:17:21 UTC, Andrew Chesters
wrote:

Ian Stirling wrote:
Simon Stroud wrote:

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message

My Creda 47916 Dish Washer has been tripping my RCD and after borrowing
a Megger, I have found that its the element.

snip

CPC have a wider range than they have in the catalogue.
Obtain the model number, and ring them.

Thirded.

CPC have far more parts available than what's in the catalogue.

I have just had from them a new washer/drier pump and door interlock (both
in the cataloge),

Pity they've utterly buggered the website.
For example, I was wanting to browse the "bearings" page to see if any
might suit as replacement hoover bearings.
Utterly impossible.

They haven't buggered their website, it has _always_ been a crock of
****e. It was born like that!

Well, I've been struggling with the 'new' one today (again) and the old
one was better...!
--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Ian Stirling

Andrew Chesters wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:
Simon Stroud wrote:

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message

My Creda 47916 Dish Washer has been tripping my RCD and after borrowing
a Megger, I have found that its the element.

snip

CPC have a wider range than they have in the catalogue.
Obtain the model number, and ring them.

Thirded.

CPC have far more parts available than what's in the catalogue.

I have just had from them a new washer/drier pump and door interlock (both
in the cataloge),

Pity they've utterly buggered the website.
For example, I was wanting to browse the "bearings" page to see if any
might suit as replacement hoover bearings.
Utterly impossible.

They haven't buggered their website, it has _always_ been a crock of
****e. It was born like that!

The old one was a crock of ****e.
This one is ****e spraying out at high pressure.

This one it's impossible to view categories of related stuff sensibly.
Try looking for a suitable Lead-acid battery for something, and you end
up with an unsorted list of several hundred, and no way to do what the old
one did, which IIRC was to let you view the appropriate catalog page,
which was almost OK.
Andrew Chesters

Ian Stirling wrote:
Andrew Chesters wrote:

Ian Stirling wrote:

Simon Stroud wrote:

[...]

They way I work their site is to look it up in the catalogue (paper)
then type in their ref. number to see if it is in stock.
By the time I've worked out a search criteria that finds what I want, I
can find it in the book AND make a fresh pot of coffee!

Dull, but it works for me.
Ian Stirling

Andrew Chesters wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:

snip
The old one was a crock of ****e.
This one is ****e spraying out at high pressure.

This one it's impossible to view categories of related stuff sensibly.
Try looking for a suitable Lead-acid battery for something, and you end
up with an unsorted list of several hundred, and no way to do what the old
one did, which IIRC was to let you view the appropriate catalog page,
which was almost OK.

They way I work their site is to look it up in the catalogue (paper)
then type in their ref. number to see if it is in stock.
By the time I've worked out a search criteria that finds what I want, I
can find it in the book AND make a fresh pot of coffee!

Dull, but it works for me.

And you can burn the hourly bargains mailshots to heat the coffee

It's annoying, because some similar catalogs are actually quite good.
For example, I find the RS catalog ( http://rswww.com/ ) for many things
better than paper.