Joe Wells

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 09:36:43 -0500, Owen Lawrence wrote:

What did you make?

At my HS, freshmen had only one choice for shop, "Introduction to the
Industrial Arts". A quarter each of wood, metal, drafting, and electricity.

In that short quarter-long class, I made a simple bookshelf strictly with
handtools. I still have it.

Sophomore wood was a semester and I built a small cherry chest. The wood
teacher offered to buy it from me to give to his wife. I had real trouble
coming up with the money for the materials, so I almost took him up on it.
But, instead, it's sitting across the room from me. I also made my
Grandmother a cutting board.

Sadly, there was just no way that I could pay for materials in later wood
classes on my own. So I've had to wait for, oh, 15ish years to get going
with it again.

--
Joe Wells