PrecisionMachinisT

wrote in message

BTW, I made several hours of attempts to find anyone in the Portland (OR)
metro area who was competent to discuss ground source heat pumps. The one
designer I found, who did the People's Food Co-Op system, said the
underlying basalt where our home is (said homesite having been selected to
avoid soil liquification when the Big One hits) makes vertical well
drilling very chancy. That was confirmed by a local well driller, who did
some well work about a quarter mile from here.

You do realize that you don't have drill until you "hit water" in order to
use geothermal......

--

SVL