Paul B.

Jungle Jim wrote:
My wife and I are to retire later this year and we are updating
various things around the house while money is available. We are
planning to purchase a new washer dryer and hopefully, it will be the
last ones.

In researching, it appears that a front-loader washer will work with
regard to if it will last. We know some of the domestic models
Maytag, etc do not fit this criteria. We are looking at the Bosch
(yes made in North Carolina, but a european design) pair that comes
in at about $1800 at Lowe's.

Among otheers, we are considering the LG line (found at Best Buy), but
have no experience or knowlege of the line. The only thing I know
about LG is their Cell phones. I have had nothing but top quality
service from them.

Any help ?

LG used to be known as Lucky Goldstar, and as I recall it was a
bottom-line small appliance maker. But I've been watching them
the past couple of years, and starting with their cell phones it
seems they're making a play for the top end (I have the 6000 and
it's a great phone). A trip to Best Buy today confirmed that;
their refrigerators look pretty awesome, with the titanium finish
unequaled, and one model has built-in TV for north of $3K.

Two weeks ago I bought an LG refurb washer at a great price from
BB. Too soon to pass judgment, but aside from a possible small
balance problem, the machine looks to be great.

Also, I was in touch with support via the Web, and they were very
helpful.

Paul

--
Given address is checked only infrequently. Please reply to group.