EggRaid

"Alan" wrote in message

"EggRaid" wrote in message
Hello,

I have noticed my water bill reflecting increased consumption the past

few
months, but now it has peaked and I know that we aren't using 11,000

gallons
between two people. The past year I was barely breaking 5,000 except in
June when I used the built-in sprinklers.

I turned off all water devices in the house and checked the main--the

meter
is still turning. I also shut off the sprinkler supply at the

main--still
turning.

Certainly I would notice 6,000 gallons of water if it were leaking in my
house so it would have to be being drained or leaking into the ground.

have checked everything in the house and there are no leaks.

What are your suggestions as next steps? How do I test if the pipe from

the
main to the house is leaking? Should I call a pro, etc?

Thanks,

ER

11,000 for three months for two people is probably about right. 122

Gallons
per day. For example, from

http://www.waterindustry.org/Water-F...r+use&hl=en&lr
=lang_en

"A typical household in Connecticut uses 200 gallons of water a day, said
John Mullaney, an East Hartford-based USGS hydrologist who worked on the
report."

Better yet, go he

http://www.tampagov.net/dept_water/c...calculator.asp

I used it and came up with the 120 gal per day that we do indeed use.

The 11,000 gallons was for ONE month.

Thanks,

ER